Interested in joining 4-H? Read about eligibility, Holmes County 4-H clubs, the 2022 Holmes County 4-H calendar and more!
Who can join?
Ohio 4-H membership is based on a child's age and grade as of January 1 of the current project year. Eligibility for Cloverbud participation begins when a child is enrolled in Kindergarten and is five years old. Eligibility for participation in 4-H projects and competitive events begins when a child is age 8 and in 3rd grade. Any youth age 9 or above is eligible for project membership, regardless of grade level. Membership requires enrollment in an authorized Ohio 4-H club or group under the direction of an OSU Extension professional or an approved adult volunteer. A youth’s 4-H eligibility ends December 31 the year he or she turns 19. Joining Ohio 4-H is a privilege and responsibility for individuals and is subject to the Ohio 4-H Code of Conduct and applicable policies of The Ohio State University.
How & Where do I sign up?
View the 2022 Holmes County 4-H Club brochure and contact club advisors of your choice for club and meeting information. Your club of choice will provide you with enrollment instructions and projects books.
When should I sign up?
The Holmes County 4-H enrollment deadline is April 1, 2022. If you change your mind about a project between April 1 and June 1, you can make changes by notifying the OSU Extension office.
What is there to do?
- View the 4-H Family Guide to learn about each and every project.
- Project Central is an easy way for 4-H members and project helpers to preview Ohio 4-H project books and resources. Take a closer look at a book, find out what others have to say, and share your experiences.
- Cloverbud members, age 5 and in Kindergarten until age 8 and in 3rd grade participate in non-competitive activities exploring a variety of fun, hands on interest areas.
- The 4-H calendar list all deadlines, clinics, workshops and other events during the Holmes County 4-H year. Paper copies are available at the OSU Extension office.
- If you're taking non-livestock projects, project evaluation is scheduled on July 12, 2022 at Harvet Ridge Fairgrounds.
- Livestock projects will be evaluated on July 14 and/or July 18, 2022 at Harvest Ridge Fairgrounds.
Accommodations can be made for youth with disabilities through our Winning 4-H Plan.
To make an accomodation request, complete the Winnng 4-H Plan Request Form (link below) and send it to your local 4-H Professional.
PDF Fillable - open this form, type your responses, then print and send
Questions? Contact Janessa Hill, Holmes County 4-H Educator at (330) 674-3015 or email@example.com